Saturday, November 24, 2012

Happy Half Birthday!

I celebrated my 6 month birthday about a week and a half ago! My mom and dad took me to my 6 months checkup just last week and I was proclaimed absolutely perfect (which mom and dad already knew)!  I came in weighing 16 pounds even and measuring 26 inches even, which puts me perfectly in the 50th percentile for both, making me just average, even though mom and dad both know that I am completely and totally above average in everything else including cuteness, intelligence, charm and overall lovableness. 

Here's a glance at what I have been up to the last month or so:

I visited a pumpkin patch with mom and dad.  We went to Bishop's Pumpkin Patch in Wheatland and it was so much fun.  There was a train ride and a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch which was HUGE!! There were so many pumpkins!

I got to help carve my first pumpkin!  Well, I got to help until I started to eat the
 pumpkin guts and seeds, then mom interfered.

 I got dressed up and went out for my first Halloween!  Mom made me an awesome tutu and headband so I could look like a pretty ballerina, and everyone thought I was so adorable so they gave me tons of candy! I even managed to get a few pieces open, and then mom interfered...again.

 I can wear ponytails!


 And I love to play outside!

 Dad went out with some friends for a guys night, so mom and I had a girls night at home.  We found some Johnson's baby bubble bath and we had a blast playing in the bubbles and hanging out together!

 I get cuter and cuter everyday!

 I'm learning how to read!

I'm a pro at sitting up by myself and these are my best friends, Wellington and Panda.

Sometimes if I wake up too early I get to snuggle with mom and dad in their bed...only I don't like to snuggle, I like to kick and punch and wiggle around and make sure dad gets up to go to work on time.

 AND...the best yet!  I am crawling like it's what I was born to do and I have been since I was 5 and a half months!  My favorite place to crawl is under the bed, then when mom calls for me I poke my head out and scare her...it's so much fun!  I also like to crawl around and get into things that I shouldn't.  Mom wonders how someone so small can be so destructive when she only turns her head for 5 seconds, but I just smile at her and she forgives me! 
Here's a video of me scooting around...


I'm getting so big and love exploring all over, and I definitely keep my mom on her toes.  But she adores me and we are the best of friends!  



2 comments:

  1. So cute! I can't believe she is crawling! I can't imagine my hunter crawling any time soon!! She is Still so adorable. Looks like she is having tons of fun! What is she sitting in in the tub? We need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe she is crawling either, growing up way too fast! What she is sitting in I believe is called a tubside baby bath, there is an attachment that hooks onto the side of the tub and the seat can swivel, she loves it!

      Delete