Not many things can strike fear into my heart quite like being the center of attention does. And this past year or so has continually set my heart to hammering with bridal showers, multiple wedding receptions, and now by adding a baby shower in the mix, so hopefully I'm done for a long, long time. It's someone else's turn to be in the spotlight!
Planning for showers and receptions, on the other hand, is something that I have a lot of fun with. My mom wanted to throw a baby shower for me since this is my first baby, and being that she works and I am at home doing nothing all day, I got to help plan my own baby shower! Which means it was super casual and totally laid back.
My mom made these way cute diaper cakes for table decorations! The one on the left is a motorcycle made entirely out of things for the baby (diapers, receiving blankets, bibs, a bottle and a pair of socks) and it turned out super cute! The diaper cake on the right was also really cute, I don't want to take them apart, but if we get desperate for diapers we might have to!
There was a wish tree with little cut-outs that our guests could write a wish or advice on for the baby or for the mommy and hang them on the tree. After the shower we took them all down and taped the notes into a journal for us to save and look through in the years to come. Everyone had such great advice and I took it all to heart. Most of them had to do with enjoying every minute of our little girl because they grow up so fast. Someone said to make sure Justin and I go on a date every week. I think that is great advice and definitely something we can do since we are living in a house of eager babysitters!
I was blown away by the wonderful generosity of all my family and friends that came out to support me and our baby girl. They all had such cute gifts and gave us more than we could ever have expected. Kalea Jo is going to be a very spoiled and lucky girl to have such wonderful people around her!
The baby shower was an open house event so everyone could come and go as they wanted, which meant there weren't very many of those silly games they usually play at baby showers (which I didn't really mind at all). We did have one game though, where the guests were given a balloon to blow up to the size of my pregnant belly, and then they put it under their shirt to compare with me and see how good they are a judging size. It was pretty funny to see!
And, of course, there was food! Since the party was in the late afternoon, we just had little dessert snacks. Pink lemonade, strawberry cupcakes, cream puffs, mini cheesecakes, fruit pizzas and these cute little pacifiers my mom made out of cookies, lifesavers, jellybeans and chocolate. Yummy!
We found little bottles and pacifiers and froze them in ice cubes!
My parents and siblings bought Kalea a swing, which will be awesome to have. It's also awesome that Justin has a lot of experience reading blue prints so he can put all these toys of hers together!
I know I say this a lot, but Justin and I are so blessed to always be surrounded by such wonderful people and it's great to know that we are not alone in raising our kids. We have amazing family and friends that are so supportive and generous and Kalea is such a lucky girl!
How exciting! Looks like it was an amazing Baby Shower.
ReplyDelete