This year I hit the quarter century mark, the big 25, and I couldn't be happier with the way life has turned out for me. I've had quite the journey in my short time on this earth and I have been so very very blessed and I'm grateful that I got to spend this year's birthday with family gathered around, that hasn't happened for several years and it was fun!
My birthday was on a Sunday so nothing too crazy could happen, but it was enjoyable just the same. I was far too spoiled in the gifts that were given to me; my mom and dad bought me a wok and some other kitchen supplies, since Justin and I had to sell or donate almost all of our kitchen stuff when we left Hawaii. I also got some maternity clothes since my belly is just getting too big to wear my old t-shirts.
Justin bought me some warm and comfy boots that I love!
And my mom made me a bunny cake, just like when I was little. It was so awesome!
Such a great birthday and it was made even better because the next day, Justin and I started our anniversary getaway adventure! It just so happened that Justin got asked to go up to Idaho Falls for a job interview, so we decided to go up a day early and stay the night in a hotel to celebrate our one year anniversary.
We had planned our route so we could take the scenic route on the way up and drive through the mountains and spend time together, but as we started going a horrible snow storm hit and the roads were terrible for driving. The route we planned took us up some mountain roads and into some pretty desolate places so we decided to forgo the scenic route and we cut back over to the freeway. We made it up to Idaho Falls and drove through town and the first thing we saw was this:
Right as you enter town, you cross a bridge and look over to your left and see these beautiful waterfalls and just behind that stands the Idaho Falls Temple. It was such a pretty sight!
It was too early to check into our hotel so we decided to go for a drive up to Rexburg. On the chance the Justin got the job and decided to take it, we wanted to have an idea of the surrounding area and look at some houses we found for rent on craigslist. So, we drove around Rexburg looking at some different houses. We drove past the Rexburg Temple:
We drove back and checked into our hotel, the Red Lion Hotel, which was right next to the falls and temple. There was a cute little bike path so we walked around a little bit and took some pictures of the river and the geese, but it was so so so cold. We could hardly handle being outside, so our walk didn't last long!
It's a really beautiful river and we enjoyed our little walk. We drove around Idaho Falls some more and stopped at a store to buy me a hat and some gloves. It was really cold there and the wind was always blowing. We ate dinner that night at this really cool brewery right by the hotel, they had delicious hamburgers! And then we went to Chili's and had a brownie sundae for dessert! We enjoyed spending time together and the next day we were both up early for the job interview. I drove Justin out and dropped him off. It was a paid interview, so he would be spending most of the day with them and getting a feel for the work and what they do so after I dropped him off I had most of the day to myself. I walked around the river again and fed the ducks and geese a muffin I took from the breakfast buffet. There were so many of them!
And I walked over to the temple and took some pictures. I wish I had time to go in but my parents had bought me a massage for my birthday and I didn't want to miss my appointment. But it was a beautiful temple!
Like I said, my parents bought me a massage, which was so wonderful. Being pregnant isn't the most comfortable thing and getting a massage felt so good. Lucky for me, Justin is always willing to give me a back rub or a foot rub. He is so sweet to me! After my massage, it was time to pick up Justin and then we drove back home. We always enjoy spending time together, it doesn't really matter what we are doing or where we are at, we just love to be together so it was a very enjoyable trip and a great way to celebrate our very first anniversary!
Justin ended up getting the job, which is great, but after some consideration and praying, we both decided that it wasn't the right move for us and so he turned them down. It's too cold up there for us beach bums!
No comments:
Post a Comment